Dating tashkent uzbekistan hausfrauendating com
Back in Lemgo in 1694, he could only publish part of his extraordinarily rich material, translated into Latin as in 1712.
A German translation of the chapter on Isfahan by Walter Hinz appeared in 1940.
His records cover most intensely the Shiraz-Persepolis area and Isfahan, with an important bird’s-eye view of the city center, and by their authenticity considerably add to the information about 17th-century Persia.
He seems to have been the first to use the term cuneiform to describe the Persepolis inscriptions.
In Shiraz, he observed a ruined mountain fortress, most probably the Qalʿa-ye Pahandar or Šāh Mobāḏ, overlooking the tomb of Saʿdī, which has now completely vanished.
His description of Persepolis documents the mythological interpretation of the site then prevailing in Persia.
On his way to Bandar ʿAbbās in 1638 he visited Pasargadae/Mašhad-e Mādar-e Solaymān and Persepolis/Čehel Menār.
The curious illustrations of the two sites in the book seem to be reconstructions by the editor or engraver based on his text, rather than authentic drawings, although details of the tomb of Cyrus, shown as a European house with gabled roof, gave rise to serious discussions.
Niebuhr was the only surviving member of the expedition and on his way back traveled from Būšehr to Shiraz, Persepolis, and Pasargadae, and visited Ḵārg island.
The earliest of these reports came from Johannes Schiltberger, a fifteen-year old squire who was captured first at the battle of Nikopolis (1396) and then again at Ankara (1402 ) and consequently had to serve in the Ottoman and Timurid armies for thirty-two years.
He saw the Oriental world from the Balkans and Egypt to India and Central Asia, and his vivid report is of considerable historical interest.
The first German traveler who came to Persia with clearly scientific ambitions was Engelbert Kaempfer from Lemgo.
He went to Isfahan in 1683-84 as the physician and secretary of the Swedish embassy sent to Shah Ṣafī II in another unsuccessful attempt to open a trade route via Russia.